From today, Turing College is now offering accredited online AI college degrees. It’s a very important step for the organization itself as it brings higher education institution credibility and provides an opportunity to prove that this learning program complies with the highest international Regulatory and Accreditation Frameworks such as Bologna process, European Credit Transfer System.
Higher education in the world faces crisis - until 2030 the demand for higher education in the world will double from ~200 million active students to ~400 million. To keep up with this level of demand, we would need to establish an Oxford university every day for the next decade.
There is no way that we can build a physical school overnight that will support 25,000 students. Especially, in emerging markets.
With this accreditation, Turing College becomes a one-of-the-kind online AI college in the world that can bridge that gap by bringing high-quality AI & tech career-focused education for millions of people around the world.
Turing College already has over 500 students enrolled in various programs and aims to reach 1000 by the end of the year. Our goal is to reach 5000 active students by 2025, making us one of the biggest online AI colleges in the world.
This accreditation comes as Turing College became a member college of Woolf, the first global university collegiate. Woolf is licensed as a higher education institution under the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). This means that the degree and diploma provided by Turing College will meet the same standards of scholarly excellence and a quality assurance process based on the European Higher Education Area. Only 10 other similar organizations have this college accreditation.
“It’s a super important step for our organization as it brings university credibility and provides an opportunity for us to prove that our education is compliant with the highest educational standards,” — says Lukas Kaminskis, CEO & Co-Founder at Turing College
World-class education team
Turing College gathered a world-class academic board - from industry professionals that finished their PhDs at Cambridge-level universities and worked at META, Amazon, and IBM.
Founding Dean is Dr. Tadas Jucikas, CEO of Genus.AI, he has spent 17+ years in AI, holds a PhD in Computational Neuroscience from the University of Cambridge.
Dean will be supported by academic board members:
- Dr. Nikon Rasumov, Product Manager at META. He has spent 10+ years in AI, holds PhD in Computational Neuroscience from the University of Cambridge.
- Dr. Algimantas Černiauskas, Senior Data Scientist at IBM. He has spent 12+ years in AI industry and holds PhD in Astrophysics from Vilnius University.
- Dr. Karolina Džiugaitė, Research Scientist at Google Brain. She received her PhD from the University of Cambridge, where Zoubin Ghahramani supervised her. Karolina contributed essential to GANs, scaling and understanding the Lottery Ticket Hypothesis.
- Dr. Onkar Dalal, Head of Data & AI at Turing. He received his PhD from the Stanford University. Technology executive with years of experience in artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML) and scaling engineering teams at top-tier tech companies.
- Dr. Ping Wang, Venture Builder at elmntri. Ex-Techstars Executive Director in Taiwan. Dr. Wang received CS, EE, and Biology bachelors & masters degrees from Stanford University, and integrated these studies for a PhD in AI + Neuroscience, and is published in top scientific and engineering journals, including in the top journal, Science.
ABOUT TURING COLLEGE
Turing College was founded by Lukas Kaminskis, Tomas Moska & Benas Sidlauskas in 2020 to provide world-class data education globally. When Lukas and Tomas were still in school, they didn’t have money to enroll in expensive coding courses, so they taught themselves to code through peer-driven coding bootcamps they organized themselves. They realized the key to productive learning lies in designing more social activities, and that we can learn from peers as efficiently as from instructors if there is a clear learning framework.
Turing College is an online AI college for busy professionals. As a constituent college affiliated with Woolf, a higher education institution in the European Union, they bring world-class programs driven by Google-level engineers to Cambridge University PhDs. It offers courses on Data Analytics, Data Science, Web Development and Data Engineering. In 2022, Turing College programs were selected as one of the best in the world by CourseReport and Fortune Magazine.
Our goal is to provide students with all the hard and soft skills they need to take their careers to the next level. What sets Turing College apart from its competitors is its innovative approach to learning by involving senior students to teach junior students. Our methodology involves short intensive sprints inspired by the Agile method that is used by such industry leaders as Google, Apple and Facebook.
Turing College also offers career programs, where they help with resume and portfolio preparation, career coaching, mock interviews and insights on hiring trends and salaries.